Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fighting Gnomes

I bet these armed garden gnomes will do their job at protecting your yard from pests and critters alike!


In fact, I hope they fight off more than just garden pests!

This was a fun article to find, in the midst of our busy week since the legislature came back! 


Gnomes with guns take garden pest control up a notch 

Paws in the air or we'll shoot... that's the mission these platoon of gun-toting, garden-protecting gnomes have been given by their creator, former US Naval reserve officer Shawn Thorsson.


Known as the 'combat garden gnomes', these favourite back-garden ornaments have been given a total overhaul that has turned them into a lean green fighting machine. 
Foxes, rats, squirrels and other outdoor pests are in the cross-hairs of hand painted AK-47s - and you can be sure they're not afraid to use them. 
The idea to create the unit was formulated when Mr Thorsson was serving in Afghanistan and received a joke present of toy army men. 
'Someone sent me a package of those cheap plastic green army men as a gag,' explained the 34-year-old from Petaluma, California.
'I did some searching online and found that there were no blue plastic sailors. I felt unrepresented so I sent away for some materials and spent a couple of nights sculpting out little sailors.
'Some months later I was out at sea on a container ship and had a lot more down time.
'I was mulling over what else I could do with little green plastic army men. I was also thinking of sculpting out some comical garden gnomes.
'It didn't take long before these two ideas merged and I started sketching out Combat Garden Gnomes.'


Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/872437-gnomes-with-guns-take-garden-pest-control-up-a-notch#ixzz1VEVR9Ygs


Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment